Keeping your visitors and employees safe by using compliance and regulatory signs is important. The safer your employees are and feel the better they will perform their work. Being in a safe work environment is very important to people because they have families and loved ones to get back home to at the end of the work day.
Compliance Signs NYC
What are compliance signs and why are they needed? Compliance sign regulations are put into place to keep both your employees and visitors safe always. If you are a business owner in the NEW YORK area you know about the HPD Signs NYC rules and what is required.
Some of the well-known NYC Compliance Signs are:
- Restroom Signs
- No Smoking Signs
- Handwashing Signs
- Trespass and Surveillance Signs
- ANSI Safety Signs
- Pipe Markers and Wraps
- Safety Tags
- Office Signs
- Bilingual Signs
- Utility Services Signs
- And more
These are the signs that will let you, visitors and your employees where certain things are located and what to do in the case of an emergency. Have questions concerning the proper compliance signs? Our team is always available to answer any questions you may have.
HPD Signs NYC- DOB Signs
HPD Signs are also needed to meet all of the safety requirements put forth in the NYC area. HPD Signs also work to keep those in your place of business safe and injury free. If the proper signage is not in place it can lead to citations and even fines. All business owners must follow the regulations put forth by the Housing and Development department.
HPD Signs include the following:
- Post Safe Construction Bill of Rights- this regulation requires the owner to post a notice along with filing an application for a work permit for repairs or revisions that are not considered ordinary work.
- Post Sign for Garbage Collection- This is needed when there is no 24-hour dumbwaiter. The sign must give the time of garbage collections and the method used. The first notice must be posted in the lobby and the other on the boiler room door.
- Boiler Room Signs- These signs must have the name and location of the person that holds the boiler room keys.
- Floor Signs- The property owner must post or paint a sign that indicates the floor number.
- Street Number on Dwelling Sign- The owner must have a street number sign on the front of the building that can be clearly seen and read from the street. The street number sign must also be kept in good condition.
- Smoke Detector Signs- Notices must be posted as to where the smoke detectors are located near the mailboxes or as close to the mailboxes as possible.
- Carbon Monoxide Detector Signs- Must be posted in an area approved by the HPD.
- Notice of Interruption of Services- Work that will cause an interruption of services including heat, hot water, cold water, or electricity must post a notice if the service will interrupt for more than 2 hours. This gives your employees and visitors the heads-up when the interruption will take place and for how long so that they can plan accordingly.
HPD Signs NYC is happy to help all of our business owners meet the regulations when it comes to HPD Signs and compliance signs. If you have questions please feel free to contact our expert sign team!